The Ultimate Photographic Safari Guide
Photographs are memories made real and you will always be “connecting with nature and light – The Ultimate Photographic Safari Guide
For your next safari, book your own personal photographer or photographic guide – and add a professional gloss to the images of your stay. I am a highly-qualified and experienced photo guide and pride myself on sharing my love of the wilderness with guests through my photographic knowledge and passion for Africa.
As a professional photographer, I am aware that, most often, good photographs enhance the guests’ experience. This would be true of guests that are either keen photographers themselves, or non-photographers who simply want to have their special memories captured professionally so they can relive their safari for the rest of their lives.
You may not know this, but I am not like other ‘photographic hosts’. The main aim of my work has always been to share my love of the outdoors and to use my photographic experience to convey the wonder of the wilderness. I do much more than show people how to ‘point-and-shoot’, I use the camera to interpret the safari for the guest, so that they get much more out of the experience. Along with technical expertise, there is an important creative element that needs to explored and nurtured in the moment – so that each photograph becomes a story.
During the safari, the guests enjoy my undivided personal attention and support. You may not know this, but I am a registered guide as well as a Registered Professional Photographer – My credentials can be viewed here.. It might just be useful to mention that I can also add services such as photographic editing expertise, video tuition and drone photography (CAA RPL).
This is what you get:
* A dedicated professional photographic guide with a comprehensive knowledge of birds, animals, habitat and the environment
* I am also familiar with all Southern African game reserves, with good local knowledge
* I am a registered Professional Photographer and also a qualified, registered tourism guide
* I am a Canon Photo Professional endorsed by Canon South Africa on all their DSLR and Mirrorless Systems. Please note, I am not limited to Canon equipment/systems, I also have a working knowledge of all other leading Camera brands that visitors may use.
* Editing images is just as important as taking them in the first place. I can give tuition in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop CC, Canon Digital Photo Professional, NIK Software, DXO Photo Labs and Photoscape X (a powerful free editing software package).
* Video is becoming just as popular as photography, and I am well-versed in the technical and creative aspects of video.
* I am also experienced in handling any level of photographic competence – I can even work with you on your smartphone!
After the safari, you will also have the option to receive a full production-and-print-ready PDF file that can be turned into a personal coffee-table book with your own images or with images that I have captured on your behalf. This would be a unique and personal Memory Book of your stay, and a unique and permanent visual journey of Africa.
Let me join you on your Safari adventure and help you fall in love with AFRICA. I am The Ultimate Photographic Safari Guide