Kalahari Photography Tour – 10 Days
Join me on a Kalahari Photography Tour – 10 Days at 2 private Ta Shabube Rooiputs and Polentswa Lodges. We will split the stay between the 2 lodges. I have been visiting the area since 2009 and have intimate knowledge of the area and seasonal changes
2020 – October 1st – 11th – 3 Spaces available
2021 – October 7th – 17th – 4 Spaces available
The Private Concession:
This area is located within the captivating Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park on the Botswana side, 25 km north of Two Rivers (Twee Rivieren). Polentswa is 222 km north of Two Rivers. (Twee Rivieren) The camp is nestled amongst tall trees and dwarf scrubs overlooking the Polentswa Pan with its waterhole and exciting game.
Predators are the area’s big attraction and include the black-maned Kalahari lion, leopard, brown and spotted hyena, jackal and wildcat. The area is one of Africa’s best parks for the cheetah, which thrive by hunting in its fossil river valleys and the surrounding Kgalagadi dunes.
The Nossob riverbed is rated one of the best places in Southern Africa to view raptors, particularly during the summer months when large numbers of migratory eagles, kites and falcons move through the park. Of the 80 raptors recorded in Southern Africa, 52 have been recorded in the KTP. Specifically, Polentswa is a haven for birders with migratory birds passing through the Polentswa pan, offering rich opportunities for avian tourism.
- $ 5950.00 USD per person sharing
- $ 6495.00 USD per person single
What does this Safari package include
- Kalahari welcome gift
- Transfer to Kalahari Lodge
- 1 Night accommodation – Kalahari lodge with dinner
- 9 Days full board and accommodation at Polentswa / Rooiputs Lodge
- Transfers from Two Rivers to Polentswa and return to Rooiputs
- Guaranteed Private vehicle and Private Field Guide
- All meals (brunch, high tea and dinner)
- 16 private photographic activities
- 1 Full day photographic outing to western side of the park
- Park fees and bed levies
- Transfers from Two Rivers to Rooiputs Lodge return
- Digital development Lightroom pre-set pack
What this Safari package does not include
- All drinks outside of drive times
- All items not mentioned in the inclusions
- Items of a personal nature
- Visas and Travel Fees
All of the above rates and dates are subject to availability and confirmation once a booking is to be confirmed.
Please contact me for detailed information and pricing through the contact form
Summer is between October to April, average temperatures can go beyond 40°C. Although this is the rainy season, rainfall is quite scarce, often accompanied by dramatic thunderstorms.
Winter is between May and August the highest day temperatures are at a comfortable 26 – 30°C. While the winter nights can be exceedingly cold with temperatures falling as low as -10°C below zero.
Rooiputs and Polentswa are powered by a solar panel system with generators as a back-up. Limited charging of batteries is available for laptops and cameras.